I recently decided that I was going to live, full-time, Keto and Paleo. Which means, I need snack ideas and meal ideas; other than just eggs and salads. Soooooo, as I was browsing Pinterest yesterday looking for ideas, I came across a few recipes and one of those I tried last night. Now, I put my own spin on it, because that is just how I cook. Oh boy, let me tell you, these are delicious and becoming part of the repertoire! The other recipes I will be trying this weekend, and I will post those as well!
- 1 LB Sausage: I used spicy Jimmy Dean’s, but you can use whatever flavor you prefer
- 2 1/2 Cups Cheese: I used freshly shredded cheddar, but Pepper Jack or American would work too
- 5 Eggs: Use the whole egg
- 5 TBSP Butter: Melted
- 2 TBSP Sour Cream: Use regular sour cream
- Coconut Flour: a little over 1/3 cup
- Salt and smoked paprika
- I used a toaster oven, so I didn’t have to preheat the oven. But if you are using a regular oven, preheat to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter and set it aside, in a large mixing bowl.
- While the oven is preheating, brown the sausage and make sure it is chopped up into little pieces.
- While the sausage is browning, take the bowl the butter is in, and add the eggs, sour cream, salt, and garlic powder; whisk.
- Add the baking powder and coconut flour; whisk together well.
- Once the sausage is browned, add this and the cheese to the mixture.
- Lay out a cookie sheet, lined in non-stick foil; place about 1-inch balls on the sheet, about 1/2 inch apart. I made 24 but you can get up to 35
- Bake 14-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy immediately! Keep the rest in the fridge.