I have traveled a lot in my years; I’ve lived in Africa and Indonesia. I’ve done a lot of pleasure travel, and I am not anywhere finished seeing the world! Actually, in about 24 hours I am off to Italy!
However, I have gotten so good at carry-on travel and knowing exactly what I will need, I wanted to share this priceless information with you!
Let me start with the must-have’s regardless of distance.
- A travel bag (I just got a sling bag, it has a spot for everything)
- Headphones: your favorite wireless and a pair of regular jack plug-in. If you aren’t able to charge your favorite pair, a back-up is a must.
- Portable charger and plug-in
- Neck pillow
- Anti-bacterial gel or wipes
- Face wipes and toilet wipes
- Socks and slippers (you don’t want to be walking around with no shoes)
- Loose Sweatshirt or lightweight jacket
- Downloaded movies and shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and iTunes (most long hauls have a great entertainment system, so this is more for the airport and times in between)
- Comfortable, easy slip on-off shoes (my go-to are my hard top Adidas or slip on’s)
- A great book or two (I just picked up Girl, wash your face and Ghosted
- Journal (I love to write, but I also jot down where I went, going, places I visited, etc.; that way I have a memory when I go to post pics and write a new post)
For those long-hauls (in addition to the must-have’s)
- Toothbrush (electric, because I just can’t use anything else now) and toothpaste
- A change of clothes (leggings, a clean pair of undies, a sports bra)
- Must have toiletries: hair oil, comb, and bobby pins
- Must have make-up: moisturizer, concealer, chapstick, highlighter, bronzer, and a couple of makeup brushes
Finally, anything under 2.5 hours, I simply pair down the necessities:
Wireless headphones, a loose sweatshirt or jacket, anti-bacterial, toilet and face wipes, a book, a journal, and a pair of easy slip on-off shoes.
I hope this helps you on your next journey!